Senior Director of Al System Sales – SM05001
Location: Campbell, CA, USA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Career Level: Experienced
Wave Computing is revolutionizing the artificial intelligence industry with its roadmap of dataflow-based compute appliances. Customer demand for Wave's solutions has been very strong, and spans a growing number of industry verticals. To help expand Wave's ongoing customer engagement efforts and grow topline revenue, Wave is hiring a seasoned senior director of sales with experience selling Al-enabled systems to both medium- and enterprise-scale customers across industry verticals.
As Wave's Senior Director of Al Systems Sales, you will be responsible for owning, driving and growing Wave's revenue generation through direct customer engagements using a "major account" strategy. In this key leadership role, you will bring your global sales experience to help evolve the company's existing business development function into a professional, world-class sales role. You will interact directly with Wave's executive leadership team as well as with customers at the executive, business unit and engineering levels. You will be comfortable working across geographies, and staying up-to-date on the latest in the fast-evolving Al industry. And, you will bring insight and passion for scaling Wave's sales efforts to leverage channel partners in key international markets.
- Growing the sales pipeline to exceed the company's annual revenue targets.
- Owning key customer relationships, while expanding connections inside strategic accounts.
- Developing Wave's overall sales strategy, initially focused on a major account effort and scaling to include channel partners over time.
- Developing and executing annual sales plans; providing regular forecasts as well as visibility into customer developments to the company's executive leadership team.
- Owning the customer engagement process "end to end" through final contract negotiations and post-sales support.
- Representing the "voice of the customer" to Wave's executive leadership and product development teams; coordinating internally to ensure timely delivery of customer deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree; post-graduate degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in direct sales or business development roles with experience selling Alenabled systems to end customers.
- Consistent record of exceeding revenue targets.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills; high levels of energy and emotional quotient (EQ); ability to empathize with customer challenges and needs.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal guidance.
- Domestic and foreign travel.
- Competitive pay and benefits, of course
- Stock options in the hottest Silicon Valley startup around
- Interesting, hard-working colleagues at the top of their respective fields
- Quirky, open, can-do, fun-loving startup culture