DevOps Engineer – SW003510
Location: Campbell, CA, USA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Career Level: Intermediate to experienced
We are seeking talented, engaging engineers to nurture DevOps culture and implement a scalable software development infrastructure. Wave's multi-disciplinary teams creates software ranging from embedded software to cloud, desktop and server applications for data science and machine learning. The DevOps team provides the methodology and infrastructure for agile development and delivery of this diverse software stack.
This is your chance to make a difference in a pivotal role at the center of Wave Computing, the clear leader in new computing architectures for machine learning. If you have the personality, the aptitude and underlying intellect, we want to hear from you.
- Promote DevOps practices throughout all engineering organizations
- Design and implement work flows to improve developer productivity and software quality
- Extend automated deployment to all platforms: hardware emulators, our machine learning appliance products, software models of future products
- Contribute to monitoring, stability, and security of existing tools
- Participate in product software development, mostly in Python
- Communicate technical designs in writing and in person to multiple technical audiences
- Aptitude and intellect for the collaborative, iterative DevOps approach
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant technical experience
- Solid skills with the Linux command line and tools
- Experience with the DevOps tools we use (see below)
- Competent in agile software development practices, particularly test driven development
- Proficient verbal and written communication
- A strong moral compass and a personal commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Experience with every technology stack used at Wave: software development kits, system software, BIOS, drivers, machine learning algorithms and appliances, even chip design
- Competitive pay and benefits, of course
- Stock options in the hottest Silicon Valley startup around
- Interesting, hard-working colleagues at the top of their respective fields
- Quirky, open, can-do, fun-loving startup culture
- Your choice of Ubuntu, Macintosh or Windows laptop
- Python, C++, Bash
- Ubuntu Linux
- Plus your favorite tools
Show Us Your Stuff
Your real, actual code and writing impress us much more than how you answer arcane interview questions. Let's see:
- Your public code, such as on GitHub. We are particularly interested in your pull requests that have been accepted into other projects.
- Samples of your writing. Blog articles, product reviews, movie reviews, even fiction show that you like to write, and you write well.
Wave Computing is the Silicon Valley start up that is revolutionizing the Machine Learning industry. The company's world-class team is developing the Wave Dataflow Processing Unit (DPU), employing a disruptive, massively parallel dataflow architecture. When introduced, Wave’s DPU-based solution will be the world's fastest and most energy efficient deep learning computer family.
With funding from Tier 1 VCs, an IP portfolio including over 70 patents, and a track record of execution, Wave is dedicated to accelerating the application of Machine Intelligence in the data center and beyond.